About Ryan Jewellers

Established in 1945 at No. 71 High St., Kilkenny by Godfrey Laurence Ryan, who trained as a watchmaker/ Goldsmith prior to WW II, and having served as a gun site engineer during the war, returned to Kilkenny to start up his own retail jewellery business, along with his wife Patricia. A skilful craftsman, he quickly built up a reputation for reliable personal service in quality watch and jewellery repairs, and in the retail sector.

Godfrey passed away suddenly in 1964 leaving his wife Patricia and four children behind. John the eldest at 19 was training to be an electrician at the time and was thrown into the business at the deep end along with his mother to run the business. John excelled at this continuing to run a quality service by learning the skills required. The business is now run by John and his son Dermot.

In 2004, we expanded and modernised the store to meet the changing trends, while still retaining the core “family “ run feeling. The extension to the premises made it possible to stock and display many new brands in gold, silver and platinum jewellery, and watches for all occasions, sporting, dress and designer. In addition to sales, we also offer a very comprehensive after sales/engraving and repair service.

This we have been doing for the past 65 years, and we look forward to serving and pleasing our customers with great satisfaction in the years ahead.